Travel insurers are advising clients they may not be covered with the collapse Air Australia.
Travel Insurer Cover More are advising clients that purchased their policy after the 21st of December that they wont be covered. 1Cover have provided their clients with Travel insurance information about the financial collapse of Air Australia
If you are currently travelling:
- If you have started your journey and your flight is cancelled due to the financial collapse, you may claim for reasonable additional food, accommodation and travel expenses.
- Limits apply under your policy, and for full details you should refer to the Product Disclosure Statement you received when you purchased your travel insurance.
- There is no provision to claim under your policy for cancellation or rearrangement expenses for the utilised portions of your travel arrangements.
If you have not yet departed:
- If you have not yet departed, we recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding the best and most cost effective option in altering or cancelling your trip. There may be options available to you in this instance with other airline providers.
- For any other outstanding expenses you will need to submit a claim for assessment.
- All travel insurance policies provide cover for unforeseen and unexpected circumstances. Due to the extensive media coverage, there is no provision to claim for any expenses relating to the cancellation of flights for policies issued on or after 17 February 2012
The Insurance Council Council advise clients to contact their insurers as they all have different terms and conditions. They advise policy holders to check their policy, and if they don’t have their policy document most insurer will have the electronic information.
The ICA also state that 10% of Australian’s that travel overseas don’t take out travel insurance
Please note Quotesonline Insurance News is an information service provided by third parties Insure 247 Australia doesn’t warrants the accuracy of any information contained there in, readers should make their own enquiry’s before relying on information in the stories Terms of Service