Marsh , a leading supplier of risk and insurance services and solutions, has set up the Marsh Community and Environment Program. Marsh aims to make a “sustainable contribution to the vulnerable and disadvantaged in the community as well as taking measures that foster the sustainability of the environment.”
Since the program’s launch, Marsh employees have engaged various projects and activities that include fundraising and making financial contributions, offering specialist and professional expertise and volunteering. It is apparently Marsh’s aim to grow the program over the coming years.
Marsh reports the following Community initiatives:
- A workplace-giving program enabling Marsh colleagues to make pre-tax donations from their pay and for those donations to be matched by Marsh. All colleagues are able to contribute to a selection of eligible charities.
- The establishment of a program to enable colleagues to take one day of paid volunteering leave per annum will also provide coordinated support to ensure colleagues engage in meaningful volunteer experiences.
- Marsh supports a range of charities at a local level where their offices are located and provides coordinated and national support for community events such as Movember, Jeans for Genes, Biggest Morning Tea, and the Mother’s Day Classic.
As part of Marsh’s commitment to limit their impact on the environment, Marsh has implemented the following Environment initiatives:.
- The establishment of rigorous measurement of major resources including electricity, paper and travel in order to establish baseline usage data and set targeted reductions
- Procurement decisions regarding document storage, printing stationery and travel that include consideration of environment and sustainability criteria
- Continual engagement with their employees in environmental awareness through regular communications and activities such as Earth Hour, paper, plastics, cork and mobile phone recycling initiatives and prudent use of electricity
Marsh says, “These initiatives are supported by existing policies and measures like our ongoing commitment to utilising energy-efficient solutions for our premises in Australia. This includes factors such as energy-efficient cooling and air-conditioning systems, as well as water and electricity-saving measures that reduce our impact on the environment.”
Please note Quotesonline Insurance News is an information service provided by third parties Insure 247 Australia doesn’t warrants the accuracy of any information contained there in, readers should make their own enquiry’s before relying on information in the stories Terms of Service