Skip to content

Our thoughts are with those affected by the current Storms and Floods. Please stay vigilant and listen to government directives. Once you and your family are safe, if you need to make a claim please contact your broker or insurer.


If you have been severely affected, you may be eligible for disaster relief payment from the Australian Government. For more information please click here the relevant links below:

Advice for clients:

Safety is the priority – View safety advice and guidance from the Insurance Council of Australia

Assist the claims process –Itemise their contents where possible, including taking photographs, or videos and keeping receipts of belongings, there is no need to keep wet items.

Emergency Contact
For help in an emergency, please contact your local SES (State Emergency Service) on 132 500.

Discard damaged goods that may pose a health risk

Be cautious around electrical items and power lines that may have been affected

Insurer Claim Contacts

If your insurer  is not listed below, please speak to the team to arrange assistance 

QBE – QBE recommends using your broker who has a dedicated portal, which supports faster and easier lodgements, for home property & motor vehicle claims wherever possible.



Hollard: The Claims Teams at Hollard Commercial Insurance and Hollard Personal Insurance are available and assisting Ausure and our clients affected by the ICA declared CAT221 for the Extreme Weather Event across South East QLD and Northern NSW regions. In the first instance, your should contact your Ausure Broker to start the claims process.



After Hours Emergency Claims

Can I contact my insurer after hours?
Yes. Most insurers have a direct Claims department for lodgement. But if you cannot you cannot find this number OR
you cannot immediately get through, you can still arrange emergency “make-safe” repairs to your property.

How do I arrange Make-Safe emergency repairs?
Ausure have Australian wide Emergency repairers at your disposal. Their details are below. You can contact these
companies 24/7 to make the necessary emergency repairs and simply speak to your Broker or Insurer the next
business day to formally lodge the claim. Please note, it is part of your responsibility to ensure the necessary repairs are made to help reduce any further damage occurring.

What about the cost?
Relax! You are not required to pay upfront for these emergency services, as they are normally claimed on your
insurance, subject to having suitable insurance cover. However, please take the time to check with your broker that your insurance is suitable for your needs. If the policy is not correct then you may wear the cost of the incident to your property as well as the repairs you made.

Emergency Repair Contacts


1300 722 261
24 hours a day 365 days a year

Emergency Trade Services

1300 755 455
24 hours a day 365 days a year

Johns Lyng Emergency

1300 218 992
24 hours a day 365 days a year

Claim Tips

  • Take photos of the damaged items IF IT IS SAFE TO DO SO, If possible keep damaged items for inspection if an assessor is assigned
  • Arrange make safe repairs if necessary, Your broker will be able to provide details of emergency repairers
  • Obtain a detailed repairers report to confirm the cause of damage and if the item needs replacement or can be repaired
  • Provide a quote to repair/replace the lost items
  • Provide proof of ownership for all lost items
Call For Quotes